Reflections of Bruges

I visited Bruges with a small group of work colleagues, about 18 months ago.

This beautiful walled city is located in the Flanders region of Belgium. It is often called the “Venice of the North” as a canal encircles the city. For a modest sum of money, you can take a boat tour which passes through some very picturesque areas.

If you are a chocoholic, like me, you will of course want to sample the famous Belgian chocolates. I brought home about 4 Kgs of the addictive confectionary and managed to eat them within a few weeks. (I did, of course share a few with my family)

The image below is known as Canal Rozenhoedkaai and shows the Belfry of Bruges (bell tower) illuminated in he background.

Reflections of Bruges

Image captured at 22.35 on a July summer evening (hand-held, leaning against a post for support, with image stabliser on, at iso800,  f8 / 0.8s)

Advertisements

1. Stunning! Your photos are great inspiration. Thanks so much.

March 28, 2012 at 11:25 pm

• Glad you liked them Chris. I get a great “kick” from making the images. I’m sure you do also

March 29, 2012 at 5:00 pm

2. Wonderful reflection! Such a lovely night shot. The lighting on the building enhances the architectural features, captured so well by you.
    Looks like a neat town to visit!

February 18, 2012 at 12:22 am

• Thanks Judy. A nice place to visit for the weekend, as it it is quite small. (perhaps a bit far from your place, but would recommend as part of a european trip) I must take my better half next time.

February 18, 2012 at 8:34 am

3. Love these reflections… you captured it so beautifully!

February 17, 2012 at 8:54 pm

• Many thanks Joanna. Glad you liked it.

February 17, 2012 at 9:04 pm