Eurasian Buzzard – (Buteo buteo)

The Eurasian Buzzard’s habitat tends to be in forest or mountainous regions, but always close to open spaces. This raptor, which breeds in Europe, tends to eat mainly small mammals caught on the ground but also does eat birds, small reptiles and insects.

For more information, please follow this link http://www.oiseaux-birds.com/card-eurasian-buzzard.html

Eurasian Buzzard

1. look at those eyes! excellent 🙂

March 27, 2012 at 5:45 am

• Many thanks for your comment Joshi and for visiting.

March 27, 2012 at 8:22 pm

2. Hi Jim….Sorry I’m late. This guy is wonderful. I love his plumage. It appears much finer/more delicate, maybe, than the owl. It looks almost like fur to me. His eyes are very cool too, and I love the yellow markings on his beak, his mouth and his inner eye. It’s a beautiful shot…so clear!
    Could that be a feather in his mouth from lunch, perhaps?

I enjoyed reading about the Euraisan Buzzard on the link you gave us. When I showed my husband your photo, at first he thought it was a hawk. (from across the room) When we used your link, he could definitely see and understand the difference. Our buzzards are much different looking, and not so stately and lovely as the Eurasian! I do think the main diet of the “US” Buzzard is carrion. 😉 Thanks again for a great post.

March 27, 2012 at 1:44 am

• Hi Judy many thanks. And yes you are right the feather in his mouth was lunch. I waited ’til he was almost finished.

March 27, 2012 at 9:52 pm

3. I’m in the market for a new lens right now, I see a great landscape photo and think, “ok, a new wide angle,” then I see an image like this and want to go for something long. Very nice!

March 24, 2012 at 4:38 pm