About

Hi! and welcome to my photography site.

I am a landscape, nature and events photographer living in Scotland.

I love to make photographic  images which capture the essence of a scene. I am always looking for a different perspective, to add a unique quality to my shots, but believe that it is a combination of the quality of light and composition that is the key to creating high impact, emotion evoking images.

I use a Canon 5DMKII full frame SLR in combination with 3 high quality “L” zoom lenses.  (16 – 35mm – f2.8;   24 – 105mm – f4;   70 – 200mm – f2.8)  I find that these 3 lenses provide both the range and quality I require for most of my photographic needs and will hire additional lenses for any “special” assignment.

There is nothing quite like rising at 5.30am, on a wet autumn morning and driving into Glencoe for a 7am sunrise photoshoot, when you are rewarded with a break in cloud cover and the soft morning light illuminates the magnificent majesty of the Scottish landscape.

I hope you get as much pleasure from viewing my images as I did making them. Please let me know.

1. We have very similar kit and interests. Instead of the 70-200 f2.8 I have the 100 f2.8 macro but otherwise we have the same lenses. I have hired the 70-200 – a cracking lens.

January 20, 2013 at 11:18 am

• Hi rachael, it is a really good lens. I have used it for closeup shots at weddings and found it particularly useful for candid shots. The resulting image quality is superb. When you have a full frame,high resolution sensor, I find that only the optical resolution of the Canon “L” lenses are good enough.

January 20, 2013 at 2:25 pm

2. So glad you visited my blog, thanks …. great to find you, look forward to your work.. we lived in East Anglia, RAF Lakenheath in the early 80’s, and got to Scotland a coupld of times………. loved it then…

December 31, 2012 at 7:58 pm

• Hi Sally, great to hear from you. Many thanks for your comment and for visiting my blog. Photography is my passion. I have always been interested in photography and like you, got started when my 2 girls were youngsters. Now that both have left the “nest”, I have more time to spend making images. As we are about 2 hours away from 2013, I look forward to looking at the rest of your website in the new year. Best wishes to you and your family for 2013

December 31, 2012 at 10:12 pm

3. Edinburgh Castle!
    How I miss my bonnie Scotland 😉

October 23, 2012 at 10:52 am

• Thanks for visiting and for your comment.

October 27, 2012 at 8:56 am