Landscapes

Advertisements

1. Hi Jim, Thanks for dropping by my blog today, You have some great images here including the tree and Rannoch, The most photographed tree in Scotland. A friend of mine in our camera club has one of the very same tree which has done very well for him. Also glad to see your using a Canon 5d mk11. I use the same camera and love it.

Regards
    Lawrence

February 6, 2012 at 7:31 pm

• Hi Lawrence, many thanks for your comments. Yes, this tree has been “photographed to death”. Unfortunately the tree was blown down early 2011. I made the image in November 2010.
      A few of my photography club friends use Nikons and others Canon, so the battle continues. Its a matter of personal taste, I think. Given that there is little to choose technically between them, I believe it’s down to the skill of the photographer.
      Thanks for visiting my site.

Regards
      Jim

February 6, 2012 at 10:22 pm

2. Oh my goodness. These are spectacular! I’m speechless….and that doesn’t happen often! 😉

The island looks like a pastel drawing…it is so delicate…just outstanding. Castle Stalker is wonderful and moody looking. Winter Trees with its blush of pink, lovely. Thanks so much for sharing! I will be back to see more!

January 31, 2012 at 1:50 am

• Hi Judy,
      Glad you liked the images.
      Hoping to capture more images in and around the Scottish Highlands, in the next few months.

January 31, 2012 at 4:38 pm

3. Hi Jim,
    These are lovely images. I look forward to seeing more of your work soon.
    Regards,
    Bill Hogg

January 16, 2012 at 11:09 pm

• Good morning Bill, Many thanks for your comment. Hope to add more images soon.

JimR