The Glenfinnan Monument was erected in 1815. It is a memorial tower marking the place where Bonnie Prince Charlie (Charles Edward Stuart) raised his standard at the start of the Jacobite Rebellion of 1745.
Today the monument is in the care of the National Trust for Scotland.
This image was captured on a hill above the National Trust Visitor’s Centre.
This beautiful church is built on the banks of Loch Shiel. It is a memorial to the Macdonalds of Glenaladale. It is believed that Charles Edward Stuart, “Bonnie Prince Charlie” stayed with the Macdonalds before raising the Jacobite standard in 1745.